Monday, May 9, 2011

A Palleo Challenge is coming!!!

Lets get serious! I myself need to make a commitment to the paleo lifestyle again! I felt amazing after the last time I went 8 weeks on it, This time I plan to make it more of a lifestyle. I personally just purchased the Paleo Solution (actually purchased it and sent it straight to my step father to read...) But once he is done with it I am going to read it. I do listen to Robb Wolf's podcast "The Paleo Solution" podcast, find it on Itunes! It is a great listen, Robb has a great personality and is very knowledgeable! So were I am going with this... We need to get a Paleo Challenge going! 6 weeks, transform your body for the summer! Everyone wants to look good naked, so lets make it happen.

Starting May 24 - July 5

I will create a benchmark workout to test where we are at and you will have a week to complete the workout. Also we will take a progress pictures, that will not be public unless you want them to be. The winner will have the best transformation as well as the best improved time on the workout. More to come on the scoring. There will be a buy in of $20.00, and a BBQ at the end to announce the winner. The Winner will receive a cash prize. This will be open to anyone who wants to participate. You must do the workout at the beginning and the end of the challenge. For best results keep track of everything you eat, If you would like me to look at your food log to help make suggestions, I am will help you with that.

The basics of this paleo thing...

"The Paleo diet is simple yet remarkably effective for fat loss and halting or preventing a number of degenerative diseases. To reap the benefits of the most effective nutritional strategy known, one need simply build meals from the following:
  • Lean proteins (ideally) grass fed meat, free range fowl and wild caught fish
  • Seasonal fruits and vegetables
  • Healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, and coconut oil"
Exert from robbwolf.com

Check out!

Marks Daily Apple
The Paleo Diet
Robb Wolf
Whole 9
Everyday Paleo
The Performance Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment